Skip to content
- Matangini Hazra was remembered on the 81st anniversary of her martyrdom.
- Matangini Hazra Birth: 1869.
- Birth place Tamluk, West Bengal.
- Matangini Hazra was 73 when she fell to British bullets, leading a protest march in 1942
in Tamluk, Bengal.
- Her death made her a martyr for many, inciting revolutionaries to establish their own
parallel government in Medinipur, which functioned till 1944.
- She was married at a young age and became widowed at 18.
- After her husband’s death, she dedicated herself to social causes.
- She supported Mahatma Gandhi’s ideals.
- People fondly called her Gandhi Buri (Old Lady Gandhi) for her dedication to Gandhian