Skip to content
- The paintbrush swift butterfly has been photographed and documented for the first time
in Himachal Pradesh’s Chamba district.
- Paintbrush Swift Butterfly is a butterfly species of the Hesperiidae family.
- The species has never been photographed in Himachal Pradesh since its discovery in
- This is the first time that we have photographed and documented it.
- It was first described by lepidopterist Frederic Moore more than 145 years ago.
- It is identified based on two separated spots in the upper forewing cell.
- The species’ larvae feed on bamboo and some other grass species.
- Its habitat is distributed in northeast, central and south India, and rare in Uttarakhand.
- Conservation status : This species is legally protected in India under Schedule IV of the
Wildlife (Protection) Act, 197