H.P. ADMINISTRATIVE COMBINED COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION-2018
HIMACHAL PRADESH PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION Advertisement No.1/2018
H.P. ADMINISTRATIVE COMBINED COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION-2017
LAST DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS : 20/01/2018
1. THE DETAILS OF THE POSTS/SERVICES ARE AS UNDER: –
1. Ten vacancies of Himachal Pradesh Administrative Service, Class-I (Gazetted), in the pay scale of Rs.15600-39100 + Rs.5400 (Grade Pay). Out of these, one vacancy is reserved for the category of Scheduled Caste (S.C) of H.P., One vacancy is reserved for the category of Scheduled Tribe (S.T) of H.P., One vacancy is reserved for Other Backward Class (OBC) of H.P., One Vacancy is reserved for Ex-Serviceman (Gen.) of H.P., and the remaining six vacancies are unreserved.
2. Two vacancies of Himachal Pradesh Police Service, Class-I (Gazetted), in the pay scale of Rs. 15600-39100 + Rs.5400 (Grade Pay). Out of these one vacancy is reserved for the category of Scheduled Caste (S.C) of H.P., and one vacancy is reserved for the category of Scheduled Tribe (S.T) of H.P.,
3. One vacancy (Gen.) of District Controller (Food Civil Supplies &Consumer Affairs), Class-I (Gazetted), in the pay scale of Rs 15,600-39,100+Rs 5400 (Grade Pay)
4. Fourteen vacancies of Tehsildar Class–I (Gazetted), in the pay scale of Rs.10300-34800+ Rs.5000 (Grade Pay). Out of these, three vacancies are reserved for the category of Ex-Serviceman (Gen.) of H.P., two vacancies are reserved for the category of Scheduled Caste (S.C.) of H.P., one vacancy is reserved for the category of Scheduled Tribe (ST) of H.P., two Vacancies are reserved for Other Backward Class (OBC) of H.P., one vacancy is reserved for Ex- Servicemen (OBC.) of H.P., one vacancy is reserved for Physically Handicapped (Orthopedically) of H.P., and the remaining four vacancies are unreserved.
5. Four vacancies of Block Development Officers, Class–I (Gazetted), in the pay scale of Rs. 10300-34800 +Rs. 5000 (Grade Pay). Out of these, one vacancy is reserved for the category of Ex-Serviceman (Gen.) of H.P., one vacancy is reserved for the category of Ward of Freedom Fighter (Gen.) of H.P., and the remaining two vacancies are unreserved.
The number of vacancy(s) in the services / posts if received from the Govt. upto 31st May, 2018 shall be included for the purpose of selection of candidates on the basis of aforesaid examination. All the candidates are requested to apply under their respective category(s) as any above post of any reserved category can be included to be filled up on the basis of H.P.A.S. Combined Competitive Examination-2017. The number of vacancies and reservation of posts is liable to be altered without any notice.
2. CANDIDATES TO ENSURE THEIR ELIGIBILITY FOR THE EXAMINATION
The Candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to examination. Their admission to all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions.
Mere issue of admit card to the candidate will not imply that his/her candidature has been finally cleared by the Commission.
Commission takes up verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents only after the candidate has qualified for Interview/Personality Test.
3. FACILITATION COUNTER FOR GUIDANCE OF CANDIDATES :
In case of any guidance/information/clarification regarding their applications, candidature etc. candidates can contact HPPSC’s Reception Counter near Main Gate of its campus in person or over Telephone No. 0177-2624313 & 2629738 on working days between 10.00 hrs to17.00 hrs. The Commission has also installed a Toll Free number 18001808004 in order to attend any query/ guidance for facilitating the candidates.
4. SELECTION PROCEDURE
Himachal Pradesh Administrative Combined Competitive Examination will consist of three successive stages to complete the selection process.
4.1. STAGE – I (PRELIMINARY EXAMINATION) :-
4.1.1. HOW TO APPLYCandidates are required to apply only through online mode by using the website www.hppsc.hp.gov.in/hppsc. No other mode for submission of applications is allowed.
Detailed instructions for filling up online applications are available on the above- mentioned website.
The candidates must ensure their eligibility in respect of Category, Age and Essential Qualification(s) etc. as mentioned in the advertisement to avoid rejection at later stage.
The candidates should exercise due care while entering their Mobile Numbers and E-Mail IDs in the Online Application Form for immediate intimation with regard to their application.
The online Applications can be filled up to 20/01/2018 till 11.59 PM after which the link will be disabled.
4.2. EXAMINATION FEES:-
The Candidates are required to pay a fee either by depositing the money in any branch of PNB by cash or by using Visa / Master Card Credit / Debit Card. The detail of fee for respective categories is as under:-
Sr. NoCategoryFee in Rupees
(Including General Physically Disabled, i.e. orthopedically disabled, Deaf & Dumb, Hearing impaired, W.F.F., Ex-Servicemen relieved from Defence Services on their own request before completion of normal tenure of HP).
2 CANDIDATES OF OTHER STATES
(including reserved category(s) candidates of other states)400/-
3 S.C. OF H.P. /S.T. OF H.P. /O.B.C. OF H.P./ Ex-Servicemen of H.P. relieved from Defence Services on their own request before completion of normal tenure)
4 Ex-Servicemen of H.P. (Ex-Servicemen, who are relieved from Defence Services after completion of normal tenure) / Blind of H.P./ Visually Impaired of H.P.No Fee
4.2.1 PAY BY CASH:
The candidates who opt for “PAY by CASH” mode, should print the system generated e-Challan of Punjab National Bank after applying online for the post through Commission’s website, and Transaction No., Branch Code and date of Receipt given by the PNB on candidate’s copy of e-Challan are required to be updated before the last date in the same Login ID in the Fee Details link. Before applying online, all candidates are advised to go through detailed instructions given on the above ment
4.2.2 THROUGH CREDIT/ DEBIT/ VISA CARD
The candidates can also pay requisite amount of Examination fee through Credit/ Debit Card only. Payment Gateway accepts Debit and Credit Cards from VISA and Master Card of any Bank. A link to pay requisite application fee by this mode is also available on our website.
NOTE :Candidates should note that payment of fee can be made only through the modes prescribed above. Payment of fee through any other mode is neither valid nor acceptable. Applications submitted without the prescribed fee/mode shall be summarily rejected.
4.2.3 CENTRES OF EXAMINATION :
The Preliminary Examination will be held at the following Centres:-
SHIMLA, SOLAN, MANDI, SUNDER NAGAR, PALAMPUR, KANGRA, DHARAMSALA, NAHAN, UNA, HAMIRPUR, CHAMBA, BILASPUR AND KULLU.
The centres of holding the examination as mentioned above are liable to be cancelled/ changed at the discretion of the Commission. Every effort will be made by the Commission to allot the candidates to the centre of their choice for examination, however, the Commission may, at their discretion to allot a different centre to a candidate, when circumstances so warranted.
4.2.4. ADMISSION/ REJECTION
Incomplete Online Application Forms submitted without requisite examination fee/fictitious fee, scanned photograph & scanned signatures of prescribed size, will be rejected straightway.
Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee be held in reserve for any other examination or selection.
The List of provisionally admitted/ rejected candidates will be uploaded on HPPSC website and status of application will also be available against their user ID for the information of the candidates.
4.2.5. e-ADMIT CARD
The provisionally admitted candidates shall be issued an e-Admit Card three weeks before the commencement of the examination against their USER-ID. The candidate will download e-Admit Card from their USER-ID for admission/appear in Examination. No Admit Card will be sent by post.
4.2.6 SIGNIFICANT FUNCTIONAL INSTRUCTIONS
The HPPSC has already introduced two parts Carbon less OMR Answer Sheet. The candidates are required to handover original OMR answer sheet (upper part) to the invigilator and take away candidate’s copy (lower part) with him/ her.
Candidates should note that there will be penalty (negative marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the Objective Type Question Papers.
Marks obtained in Preliminary Examination by the candidate who are declared qualified by the Commission for admission to the Main Examination will not be counted for determining their final order of merit.
In due course of time, the key of answers of both the objective type Papers will be displayed on Office Website for inviting objections from the appeared candidates, if any.
4.3 STAGE – II (MAIN WRITTEN EXAMINATION):
The result of preliminary examination will be uploaded on HPPSC website.
The Notification for inviting main application form will be published in the leading news papers and the same will also be available on HPPSC website.
Candidates who are declared by the Commission to have qualified for admission to the Main Examination will have to apply again, in the Detailed Application Form.
The qualified candidates for Main Examination are required to download the Detailed Main Application Form from HPPSC website and fill the relevant columns by enclosing attested photocopies of all documents in support of their eligibility as already claimed by the candidate(s) in preliminary application form as well as in main application form.
The candidates are required to send the complete main application form alongwith required documents and requisite examination fee to the Commission’s office on or before the last date for receipt of application as mentioned in the notice for inviting main application form.
The Centre-wise list of admitted candidates and timetable for Main examination will be uploaded on Office Website for the information of the candidates. Intimation with regard to admission/ rejection and date of commencement of Main Examination will be intimated through SMS/ e-mail.
4.4 STAGE – III (VIVA-VOCE):
On the basis of performance in main examination the result of qualified candidates will be uploaded on HPPSC website.
The candidate who qualifies main examination will be called for viva-voce individually by the office.
Final selection will be determined on the basis of written performance in the main examination and viva-voce.
5. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA.
5.1 A candidate must be a citizen of India.
5.2 Minimum Educational Qualifications
(a) A candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent from a recognized University.
(b) A candidate, who has appeared at an examination the passing of which would render him eligible to appear at this examination but has not been informed of result, may apply for admission to the examination. A candidate, who intends to appear at such a qualifying examination, may also apply, provided the qualifying examination is completed before the commencement of this examination. Such candidates will be admitted to the examination, if otherwise eligible, but the admission would be deemed to be provisional and subject to cancellation, if they do not produce proof of having passed the examination as soon as passed and in any case not later than two months after the commencement of this examination.
(c) Candidates who have passed the final professional M.B.B.S. or any other Medical Examination equivalent thereto, but have not completed their internship by the time of submission of their applications for the HAS etc. examination will be provisionally admitted to the examination provided they submit along with their applications a copy of certificate from the University/ Institutions that they had passed the requisite final professional medical examination. In such cases, the candidates will be required to produce at the time of their interview original degree or a certificate from the concerned competent authority of the University / Institution that they had completed or requirement (including completion of internship) for the award of degree.
5.3 Age Limits :
5.3.1 A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 35 years on the first January- 2018, meaning thereby that candidates born on or after 02-01-1997 are underage whereas applicants born on or before 01-01-1983 are overage.
5.3.2 Provided that the upper age limit is relax able by five years for candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes/ Other Backward Classes / Persons with disabilities and Children/Grand Children of Freedom Fighters of Himachal Pradesh as declared by the Govt. from time to time. Age relaxation is also available to Ex-servicemen candidates of H.P. as per provisions in Rules/ Instructions of H.P. Govt.
5.3.3 Provided further that a Govt. servant who is holding substantive / officiating / contractual appointments in H.P. Govt. or in High Court of Himachal Pradesh or any Court Subordinate thereto and employees of the Public Sector Undertakings / Corporations / Banks substantially owned or controlled by the H.P. Government shall be eligible to appear in the examination if he / she possesses a Bachelor’s degree of a recognized University and has not attained the age of 45 years on the first day of January of the year in which the applications are invited by the Commission for Competitive examination. Any person who is eligible under this sub-rule and wishes to appear in the examination shall submit his / her application in the prescribed form through his / her Head of Office to the Secretary, H.P. Public Service Commission.
However, in the case of H.P. Police Service, Class- I ( Gazetted) a Govt. servant who is holding substantive / officiating / contractual appointments in H.P. Govt. or in High Court of Himachal Pradesh or any Court Subordinate thereto and employees of the Public Sector Undertakings / Corporations substantially owned or controlled by the H.P. Government shall be eligible to appear in the examination if he / she possesses a Bachelor’s degree of a recognized University and has not attained the age of 42 years on the first day of January of the year in which the applications are invited by the Commission for Competitive examination. Any person who is eligible under this sub-rule and wishes to appear in the examination shall submit his / her application in the prescribed form through his / her Head of Office to the Secretary, H.P. Public Service Commission.
NOTE I : Candidates should note that only the date of birth as recorded in the Matriculation/Secondary Examination Certificate or an equivalent certificate as on the date of submission of applications will be accepted by the Commission and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
NOTE II : Candidates should also note that once a date of birth has been claimed by them and entered in the records of the Commission for the purpose of admission to an examination, no change will be allowed subsequently (or at any other examination of the Commission) on any grounds whatsoever.
NOTE III: The candidate should exercise due care while entering their date of birth in respective column of the application Form. If on verification at any subsequent stage, any variation is found in their date of birth from the one entered in their Matriculation or equivalent examination certificate, disciplinary action will be taken against them by the Commission under the Rules.
5.4 Knowledge of customs, manners and dialects of Himachal Pradesh and suitability for appointment in the peculiar conditions prevailing in the Pradesh is a desirable qualification.
The above eligibility conditions shall be subject to change, if any in the relevant Rules related to Himachal Pradesh Administrative Services and those of the concerned Allied Services, as are notified by the Himachal Pradesh Government.
NOTE: All candidates, whether already in Government Service, Government owned industrial undertakings or other similar organizations or in private employment should submit their applications direct to the Commission. Persons already in Government service, whether in a permanent or temporary capacity or as work charged employees other than casual or daily rated employees or those serving under Public Enterprises are however, required to inform their Head of Office/Department that they have applied for the Examination.
NOTE: Candidates should note that in case a communication is received from their employer by the Commission withholding permission to the candidates applying for/ appearing at the examination, their application will be liable to be rejected/ candidature will be liable to be cancelled.
NOTE: While filling in his/her Application Form, the candidate should carefully decide about his/her choice for the centre for the examination. More than one application from a candidate giving different centres will not be accepted in any case. Even if a candidate sends more than one completed applications, the Commission will accept only one application at their discretion and the Commission’s decision in the matter shall be final.
NOTE: The provisionally admitted candidates may download the admit cards along with instructions for appearing in the HPAS (Preliminary) examination-2017 from the official website http:// www.hppsc.hp.gov.in/hppsc. No admit card to any candidate will be sent through post.
If any candidate appears at a centre other than those indicated by the Commission in his/her Admit Card, the papers of such a candidate will not be evaluated and his/her candidature will be liable to Cancellation.
6. SCHEME OF EXAMINATION:
6.1 Preliminary examination
A) Initially, Preliminary examination consisting of 02 papers based on objective type (multiple choices) questions on the following pattern will be held.
Paper-I General Studies (Code No.01). This paper shall be of 200 marks and there shall be 100 objective type (Multiple choices) questions.
Paper-II Aptitude Test (Code No.02). This paper shall be of 200 marks and in this paper there shall be 100 objective type (Multiple choices) questions.
History, geography, political, art & culture and socio economic development of Himachal Pradesh.
Currents events of national and international importance.
History of India and Indian national movement.
Indian and World Geography-physical, social, economic geography of India and the world.
Indian polity and governance –Constitution, political system, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights issues, etc.
Economic and social development – sustainable development poverty, inclusion, demographics, social sector initiatives, etc.
General issues on environmental ecology, bio-diversity and climate Change – that do not require subject specialization
Interpersonal skills including communication skills
Logical reasoning and analytical ability
Decision making and problem solving
General mental ability
Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc. (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level).
English Language comprehension skills (Class X level)
(C) This preliminary examination will consist of two objective type papers (multiple choice questions) and carry a maximum of 400 marks in the subjects of General Studies and Aptitude Test. This examination is meant to serve as a screening test only: the marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination by the candidates who are declared qualified for admission to the Main Examination will not be counted for determining their final order of merit.
The number of candidates to be admitted to the Main Examination will be about 20 times the total approximate number of vacancies to be filled in the year through this examination. Only those candidates who have been declared by the Commission to have qualified the preliminary examination will be eligible for admission to the main examination corresponding to the said Preliminary Examination provided they are otherwise eligible for admission to the Main Examination.
Provided that Aptitude Test (Paper-II) of the Preliminary Examination will be a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33% and, therefore, marks obtained in this paper shall not be counted for determining the merit of the candidates to be drawn exclusively on the basis of marks obtained in General Studies (Paper-I) of the Preliminary Examination for their admission to the Main Examination.
Note: There will be penalty (Negative Marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the objective type question papers.
(i) There are four alternatives for the answers to every question. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, one third of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.
(ii) If a candidate gives more than one answer, it will be treated as a wrong answer even if one of the given answers happen to be correct and there will be same penalty as above for that question.
(iii) If a question is left blank i.e. no answer is given by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
(D) The duration of Papers No.I and II (General Studies and Aptitude Test) will be two hours each.”
6.2 Main Written Examination
a) The candidates declared qualified in the Preliminary examination will be entitled for admission to the Main written examination, if otherwise found eligible.
b) The number of candidates to be called for Main written examination will be about 20 times of the total number of vacancies to be filled in on the basis of aforementioned examination.
c) The candidates, who qualify the Preliminary examination, will have to download the application form for Main written examination from the above website. No separate call letters will be sent for Main examination.
The number of candidates to be called for viva-voce test after the Main written examination by the Commission shall be at its discretion on the basis of marks obtained by them in the Main written examination only. As far as possible this number will be three times the total number of vacancies.
NOTE: Marks obtained by the candidates in the (Preliminary) examination will not be counted for the purpose of final order of merit. However, marks obtained in the Main written examination as well as in the viva-voce test would determine their final merit for selection. The marks obtained in the Compulsory Papers of English and Hindi will not be counted for overall ranking.
NOTE: The option exercised by the candidates will be taken into consideration while determining their order of merit for selection to the various posts/services.
1. Onus of proving that candidate is qualified shall be on the candidate. In case no date of notification/declaration of final result is mentioned in any certificate the date of issue of certificate shall be deemed date of obtaining Essential Qualification Incomplete, defectively filled up, old, unsigned and zerox application forms will not be entertained and no subsequent correspondence will be admitted.
2. Categories like General/ SC/ST/OBC/ Persons with disabilities /Ex-Servicemen/ WFF once claimed in the application forms will not be substituted/changed later on. The SC / ST / OBC / WFF / Physically Handicapped and Ex-servicemen / Ortho. Phy. Handicapped / Visually Impaired / Hearing Impaired / Blind / Deaf & Dumb candidates of other states than H.P. should write / encode their category code as 01, because they are treated as general candidates for the purpose of cost of application form inclusive of examination fees and upper age relaxation is not also applicable to them. The candidates belonging to disabled categories are advised to claim their respective category only if the % of disability is 40% or more than this. The candidates who need scribes must inform the Commission immediate after the receipt of call letter for preliminary/Main examination. Other terms and conditions are meant for General candidates are also applicable to them.
3. No individual letters will be sent to the candidates regarding rejection of their applications. The details of rejection will be uploaded only on official website of the Commission.
4. The candidate(s) should upload their correct Mobile number and e-mail address on the box provided in the online application.
5. The decision of the Commission as to the eligibility or otherwise of a candidates for admission to interview or selection will be final and no correspondence / personal enquiries will be entertained.
6. The SC/ST/OBC Candidates must be on parental basis.
7. The applicant shall upload his/her latest photograph in the space provided in the application form. In case, photograph uploaded on the application of Preliminary examination is found different / varying to that of pasted on the Identity Card for appearing in the Main examination, the candidature of such candidates shall stand cancelled. The candidate is required to write his / her name and particulars on the front side of his / her photo before pasting it on the application of Main Examination.
8. Generally Wards of Ex-serviceman erroneously mention and encode the code of Ex-servicemen of H.P. in the relevant Column of the Online application forms. It is made clear that there is no reservation for the Wards of Ex-servicemen of H.P. in these services. Therefore, they shall write and encode the code of category(s) to which they belong. The Ex-servicemen candidates of H.P. must go through the relevant Rules and instructions of the reservation notified / issued by the H.P. Govt. from time to time in order to ensure their eligibility for admission to the aforesaid examination. Similarly, other reserved categories candidates are also required to go through the relevant instructions in order to ensure that they are eligible under the particular category(s).
9. The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions for admission to the examination. Their admission at all the stages of examination for which they are admitted by the Commission viz. written examination and interview test will be purely provisional, subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. If on verification at any time before or after the written examination or interview test, it is found that they do not fulfill any of the eligibility conditions; their candidature for the examination will be cancelled by the Commission.
10. A candidate who is or has been declared by the Commission to be guilty of:
(i) Obtaining support for his/her candidature by the following means, namely:-
(a) offering illegal gratification to, or
(b) applying pressure on, or
(c) blackmailing, or threatening to blackmail any person connected with the conduct of the examination, or
(ii) impersonating, or
(iii) procuring impersonation by any person, or
(iv) submitting fabricated documents or documents which have been tampered with, or
(v) making statements which are incorrect or false or suppressing material information, or
(vi) resorting to the following means in connection with his/her candidature for the examination, namely
(a) obtaining copy of question paper through improper means,
(b) finding out the particulars of the persons connected with secret work relating to the examination,
(c) influencing the examiners, or
(vii) using unfair means during the examination, or
(viii) writing obscene matter or drawing obscene sketches in the scripts, or
(ix) misbehaving in the examination hall including tearing of the scripts, provoking fellow examinees to boycott examination, creating disorderly scene and the like, or
(x) harassing or doing bodily harm to the staff employed by the Commission for the conduct of their examinations, or
(xi) being in possession of or using mobile phone, pager or any electronic equipment or device or any other equipment capable of being used as a communication device during the examination; or
(xii) violating any of the instructions issued to candidates along with their admission certificates permitting them to take the examination, or
(xiii) attempting to commit or as the case may be abetting the commission of all or any of the acts specified in the foregoing clauses; may in addition to rendering himself/herself liable to criminal prosecution, be liable.
(a) to be disqualified by the Commission from the examination for which he/she is a candidate and/or
(b) to be debarred either permanently or for a specified period
(i) by the Commission from any examination or selection held by them.
(ii) by the Central Government from any employment under them, and
(c) if he/she is already in service under Government to disciplinary action under the appropriate Rules. Provided that no penalty under these Rules shall be imposed except after.
(i) giving the candidate an opportunity of making such representation, in writing as he/she may wish to make in that behalf; and
(ii) taking the representation, if any, submitted by the candidate within the period allowed to him/her into consideration.
11. The Centres of holding the Preliminary examination are liable to be changed at the discretion of the Commission. While every effort will be made to allot the candidates the centre of their choice for examination, the Commission may, at their discretion, allot a different centre to a candidate when circumstances so warrant.
12. The candidates who are declared qualified in the (Preliminary) examination shall be required to apply for (Main) written examination separately on the prescribed application form available on the website of the Commission. No separate information will be sent to the individual qualified candidates. The decision of the Commission as to the eligibility or otherwise of a candidate for admission to the main Written examination will be final and no correspondence / personal inquiry will be entertained therefore. The Candidates are requested to keep ready the attested copies of the following documents for submission to the Commission soon after the declaration of the result of the preliminary examination which are required to be sent to the Secretary, HPPSC along with application form with in the stipulated period which will be given in the public notice on the website of the Commission, separately.
1. Certificate of age.
2. Certificate of educational qualification.
3. Certificate in support of claim to belong to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and Other Backward Classes/ Ex-Serviceman/ Physically Disabled, where applicable.
4. Certificate in support of claim for age/fee concession, where applicable.
Note: Original certificates will have to be produced at the time of interview. If any of their claims is found to be incorrect, they may render themselves liable to disciplinary action by the Commission.
13. The eligibility conditions of the candidates called for viva-voce test will also be determined on the day of interview on the basis of their original documents and rejection, if any, at that stage.
14. The allocation of examination centres for (Preliminary) examination will be made according to the option exercised by the candidates in the online application form. No candidate will be allowed to change the centre of examination once claimed in the online application. This examination will be conducted in the examination centres located at Shimla, Solan, Mandi, Sunder Nagar, Dharamshala, Palampur Kangra Nahan, Una, Hamirpur, Chamba, Bilaspur and Kullu respectively in case adequate number of candidates opt for each of these stations as examination venue. However, the Commission reserves the right to allot any centre of examination to candidates irrespective of the option exercised. The centre for the (Main) written examination will, however, be at Shimla only.
15. If any candidate appears in the HPAS (Preliminary) examination on the centre other than the allotted centre, his / her candidature will be rejected straightway and no correspondence will be entertained in the matter.
16. The category once claimed by the candidate(s) will not be allowed to change after the conduct of HPAS (Preliminary) examination. No correspondence regarding change of category will be entertained thereafter.
17. Re-checking / Re-evaluation for preliminary as well as for the Main written examination shall not be allowed in any case.
18. If any visually impaired candidate requires scribes, he/she has to request for the same in writing to the Commission immediately after receipt of his/herroll Number. Such application will be entertained on merit and has per the rules.
19. The number of vacancies to be filled in on the basis of this examination may increase or decrease.
The category once claimed by the candidate(s) will not be allowed to change after the conduct of Screening Test for the concerned post(s). Where the direct interview(s) will be conducted, candidates can apply for change of his/ her category seven days prior to the commencement of interview(s).
The S.C. of Himachal Pradesh / S.T. of Himachal Pradesh O.B.C. of Himachal Pradesh/ WFF of H.P. / Ex-Servicemen of H.P. and Physically Disabled of H.P. candidates must possess such certificates(s) in support of their claims made in the Online Recruitment Application(s) (ORA), while applying for these posts / services. The benefit of reservation will be admissible on parental basis to the candidates of Himachal Pradesh only. All the candidates belonging to reserved categories are also required to go through the relevant instructions issued from time to time by the Government of Himachal Pradesh, in order to ensure that they are eligible under a particular category.
1. EX-SERVICEMEN OF HIMACHAL PRADESH:-
The candidates belonging to Ex-Servicemen of Himachal Pradesh will have to furnish Discharge Certificate and full detail in respect of their P.P.O. No., Rank, and date of retirement from the Defence Services to claim the benefit of reservation for the category of Ex-Serviceman of Himachal Pradesh. The Ex-servicemen candidates of Himachal Pradesh must go through the relevant Rules and instructions of the reservation notified / issued by Himachal Pradesh Government from time to time in order to ensure their eligibility for admission to the concerned examination(s).
2. WARDS OF EX-SERVICEMEN OF HIMACHAL PRADESH, i.e. DEPENDENT SONS, DAUGHTERS AND WIVES OF EX-SM OF H.P.):-
Dependent sons, daughters & wives of Ex-Servicemen of Himachal Pradesh (Wards of Ex-Servicemen of Himachal Pradesh) may apply against the posts specifically reserved for Wards of Ex-Servicemen category (i.e. Dependent sons, daughters and wives) and not against the posts reserved for Ex-Servicemen of H.P. in order to avoid rejection of their candidature at any later stage for the concerned post(s).
3. OBC of H.P. (OTHER BACKWARD CLASSES OF HIMACHAL PRADESH):-
The candidates belonging to OBC of H.P. category must produce OBC certificate(s) on the prescribed format, which should not be more than one year old at the time of last date fixed for submission of Online Recruitment Applications along with latest affidavit duly attested by the authority authorized under the Indian Oath Act stating that his/her status as OBC has not been changed and he / she has not been excluded from the category of O.B.C. of H.P. on account of being covered under creamy layer. Such certificates should be based on parental basis, failing which candidature of such candidate(s) will be rejected.
4. WFF OF H.P. (WARDS OF FREEDOM FIGHTERS OF HIMACHAL PRADESH):-
For the posts reserved for Wards of Freedom Fighters of Himachal Pradesh (WFF of H.P.), sons/ grandsons/ daughters/ grand daughters of Freedom Fighters of Himachal Pradesh, who have been appointed on regular basis as well as married daughters/ grand daughters shall not be entitled for the benefits of reservation provided to the wards of Freedom fighters in Government services, against the identical posts in the same scale. The employed children/ grand children and married daughters/ grand daughters of Freedom Fighters will be deemed to have been excluded from the definition of Freedom Fighter for the purpose to this extent.
The children/ grand children of Freedom fighters of Himachal Pradesh, who have been appointed in Govt. / Semi Govt. or Private sector etc. services against the post(s) reserved for the wards of Freedom Fighters on regular basis will remain entitled to compete for higher rank/ grade posts/ services on the basis of reservation earmarked to the wards of Freedom Fighters of Himachal Pradesh. The un-married daughters/ grand daughters will have to submit an affidavit being spinster (un-married) in support of their claim(s) issued by the authority authorized under the Indian Oath Act. Otherwise such candidates will be rejected straightway.
8. IMPORTANT :
ALL COMMUNICATIONS TO THE COMMISSION SHOULD INVARIABLY CONTAIN THE FOLLOWING PARTICULARS.
1. NAME AND YEAR OF THE EXAMINATION
2. ENROLMENT ID
3. APPLICATION FORM NUMBER
4. ROLL NUMBER (IF RECEIVED)
5. NAME OF CANDIDATE (IN FULL AND IN BLOCK LETTERS)
6. DATE OF BIRTH
7. COMPLETE POSTAL ADDRESS AS GIVEN IN THE APPLICATION ALONGWITH TELEPHONE/ MOBILE NUMBER.
N.B.1: COMMUNICATION NOT CONTAINING THE ABOVE PARTICULARS MAY NOT BE ATTENDED TO.
N.B.2 : IF A LETTER/COMMUNICATION IS RECEIVED FROM A CANDIDATE AFTER AN EXAMINATION HAS BEEN HELD AND IT DOES NOT GIVE HIS/HER FULL NAME AND ROLL NUMBER, IT WILL BE IGNORED AND NO ACTION WILL BE TAKEN THEREON.
NO REQUEST FOR WITHDRAWAL OF CANDIDATURE RECEIVED FROM A CANDIDATE AFTER HE/SHE HAS SUBMITTED HIS/HER APPLICATION WILL BE ENTERTAINED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
(Sanjiv Pathania),IAS Secretary
H.P.Public Service Commission