IAS Exam, also known as Indian Administrative Service, is a national level competition exam conducted by UPSC annually to recruit candidates for civil services like IPS, IFS (Foreign), IAAS, IRS, IDAS, CAPF-AF and others. Nearly 2 lac candidates appear for the Civil Services Examinations each year.
- UPSC has released the exam dates for IAS 2019 at upsc.gov.in
- IAS Application Form will release on the official website from February 19, 2019.
- Any candidate possessing a graduation degree can apply for IAS exam.
- IAS Prelims Exam tests General knowlege and Mental Aptitude of the candidates.
IAS 2019 Syllabus
The IAS Exam Pattern consists of three stages viz.
- Stage 1: IAS Prelims – June 2, 2019
- Stage 2: IAS Mains – September 20, 2019
- Stage 3: Interview/ Personality Test
Highlights of IAS Exam 2019
|Exam Name||Civil Services Examination|
|Conducting Body||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Exam Mode||Offline Pen-Paper Mode)|
|Expected Registration||Aprox.3 lakh|
IAS 2019 Exam Dates
UPSC will follow the timeline mentioned in the table below for IAS 2019
|Release of Application Form||February 19- March 18, 2019|
|Availability of Admit cards||May 2019|
|IAS Preliminary Exam||June 2, 2019|
|Announcement of Pre exam Result||August 2019|
|IAS Mains Exam 2019||September 20, 2019|
|Announcement of Main Exam Result||January 2020|
Age Limit & Educational Qualifications for IAS
Candidates have to fulfill the eligibility criteria set by the authorities to take the exam. The eligibility parameters are set on the basis of Nationality, Age Limit, Educational Qualifications, Number of Attempts and Physical Standards. Given below are the IAS Exam Eligibility Criteria:
- For IAS and IPS, applicants must be a citizen of India.
- Other services require candidates to be either,
- Citizen of India
- Subject of Nepal
- Subject of Bhutan
- Tibetan refugee who came to India before January 1, 1962 to settle permanently.
- An Indian origin migrant from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam who came to permanently settle in India.
- The lower age limit for IAS Exam 2019 is 21 years as on June 1, 2019, while upper age limit is 32 years.
- There is upper age relaxation for reserved category candidates, which is as follows:
- SC/ST- Upto 5 years
- OBC- Upto 3 years
- Defence Services Personnel disabled in operations during hostilities- Upto 3 years
- Ex-servicemen- Upto 5 years
- ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of five years of Military Service- Upto 5 years
- PwD candidates- Upto 10 years
- Domiciles of Jammu and Kashmir from January 1, 1980 to December 31, 1989- Upto 5 years.
Applicants must hold a graduate degree or equivalent qualification from a recognized university
Number of Attempts
Only six attempts are allowed for a candidate to clear IAS Exam 2019.
- IAS 100 days crash course from 26 February 2019 Morning/Evening classes available in IAS English Medium/IAS Hindi Medium
- IAS prelims (Postal Course) which includes 13 General Studies + 6 CSAT @7000/- Order yours @9779190222
- IAS Prelims 2019 Test Series – Total No of Test- 15 (Including sectional and mock) @5999/-
Join Today Simran IAS Academy for Best IAS Coaching in Chandigarh, Sector-36 D.