Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Bill 2016 is an attempt to create an exhaustive and comprehensive legislative framework for road safety in India.
From steeper fines to greater automation, here is a breakdown of the essential features of the bill.
- Compulsory Insurance
- Electronic Monitoring
- Increased Compensation for The Family of The Deceased
- National Transportation Policy
- Recognition of Offences Committed by Juveniles
- National Registry for Licenses and Registrations
- Higher Penalties
- Cashless Treatment for Road Accident Victims