Punjab State Civil Services Combined Competitive Examination-2018
The Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) has been established under Article 315 of the Constitution of India, with the basic purpose of recruiting officials in various departments of the Government as per the requisitions sent by the Government in this regard from time to time.
The Punjab State Civil Services Combined Competitive Examination-2018 (PSCSCCE-2018) is being conducted by the PPSC for recruitment of officers in the Punjab Civil Service (Executive Branch), Deputy Superintendent of Police,Tehsildar, Food Supply and Consumer Affairs Officer, Block Development & Panchayat Officers, Labour-Cum-Conciliation Officer, Employment Generation and Training Officer and Deputy Superintendent of Jails (Grade-II)/ District Probation Officer (Jails). On successful culmination of PSCSCCE-2018, the merit wise names of qualified candidates will be sent by the commission, to the Government for making appointment to these services. All these services are governed by the Service Rules of the respective service and the Government after counseling and allocation of the candidates to the respective departments may consider the names sent by the PPSC for appointment against these posts as per respective Service Rules.
The Punjab State Civil Services Combined Competitive Preliminary Examination-2018 shall be tentatively conducted onin July, 2018.
|Sr No.||Name of Post||No. of Post|
|1||Punjab Civil Service(Executive Branch)||10|
|2||Deputy Superintendent of Police||20|
|4||Food Supply and Consumer Affairs Officers||02|
|5||Block Development and Panchayat Officer||15|
|7||Employement Generation and Taining Officer||06|
|8||Deputy Superintendent Jails/ District Probation Officer(Grade-II)||10|
- The candidate should possess a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognised university or institution. Provided that the candidate may be permitted to take Preliminary Competitive Examination while studying for his degree. However,the candidate shall be required to produce proof of passing the degree course for being eligible to take the Main Competitive Examination during that year.
- The Candidates must have passed Punjabi of matriculation or its equivalent standard as on the last date of receipt of Online application Form i.e.23/04/218.
- Candidates should not be below 21 years and above 37 years of age as on 01-01-2018 except the posts of Deputy Superintendent of Policeand DeputySuperintendent Jails/District Probation Officers.
- For the posts of Deputy Superintendent of Police and Deputy Superintendent Jails/District Probation Officers, the candidates should not be below 21 years and
- above 28 years of age as on 01-01-2018
PPSC Prelims Exam Pattern
|Paper||Total No. of Questions||Marks of each Questions||Total Marks|
|Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT)||80||2.5||200|
Syllabus for PPSC Prelims exam
Paper –I (General Studies)
- Environmental studies
- Political theory & international order
- Indian polity
- History of India
- Indian Economy
- Current events of national and international importance.
- People, Society and Culture:
Paper –II (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
- Reading comprehension; Punjabi and English language
- comprehension, antonyms and synonyms, grammar and sentence formation.
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning, analytical and mental ability
- Basic numerical skills; numbers, magnitudes, percentages, numerical relation appreciation
- Data analysis; Graphic presentations, charts, tables, spreadsheets.