Skip to content
- Exercise Harimau Shakti 2023 commenced in Umroi Cantonment, India
- Exercise Harimau Shakti 2023 is a joint bilateral training exercise between Indian &
Malaysian Armed Forces.
- The Malaysian Army contingent comprises troops from the 5th Royal Battalion of the
Malaysian Army. The Indian contingent is being represented by a battalion of the Rajput
- Aim is to enhance military capability for conducting of Multi Domain Operations in a sub
- During the exercise, both contingents will establish a Joint Command Post & establish an
integrated surveillance grid along with a Joint Surveillance Centre.
- Both sides will rehearse employment of joint forces in jungle/ semi urban / urban
environment. In addition, intelligence collection, collation and dissemination drills will
also be rehearsed.
- The exercise will also witness employment of Drones/UAVs & Helicopters. Two sides will
also practice casualty management and evacuation drills.
- Both the contingents will discuss logistics management and practice survival training at
the Battalion level.
- The training will focus primarily on high degree of physical fitness, conduct of drills at
tactical level and sharing of best practices with each other.
- The Exercise will culminate with a 48-hour long validation exercise in a semi-urban area.